Hold a Blue for the Loo Day!
2.3 billion people in the world don’t have a toilet. Because of this, millions of children fall sick, miss class – and fail their exams. Attendance gets worse when girls start their periods…
Your school can do something extraordinary to help children in poverty. Twin your school toilets!
Rachel from Ivory Coast missed a lot of time in school because her family didn’t have a toilet. But after they built their loo and started washing their hands, everyone became much healthier. Rachel hardly ever misses class now, and her grades have improved dramatically. Check out her story:
We have lots of resources and fundraising ideas to help you…
- Hold a ‘Blue for the Loo’ non-uniform day
- Organise a Soggy Bottoms bake sale
- Play the Chicken Poo Bingo sweepstake: everyone donates £1 to guess where Daisy will do her business!
- Organise some sponsored sportiness
Twinning toilets is a great way to have fun, explore key curriculum areas and encourage children to see themselves as global citizens.
- We have loads of resources (right) to help your pupils engage.
- Get in touch to ask if we have a speaker in your area.
Dates for your diary
11 October: International Day of the Girl Child
15 October: Global Handwashing Day
19 November: World Toilet Day
22 March: World Water DayOrder your school pack Download your school pack